The V&A holds the national collection of Textiles and Fashion, which spans a period of more than 5000 years, from Predynastic Egypt to the present day. Almost all textile techniques are represented, including woven, printed and embroidered textiles, lace, tapestries and carpets. Visit their website to find our much more.
Events by Month
Latest News Items
- LGWSD Exhibition 2017: The Thames and Southwark: Threads of London life – 23 to 30 November – Southwark Cathedral August 9, 2017
- LGWSD member Madeleine Jude is literally Weaving a Path for Trevose Head August 9, 2017
- New book: Honeycomb Hybrids: Honeycomb For All Tastes by Stacey Harvey-Brown August 5, 2017
- Quaker Tapestry (embroidery) visits London – 7 to 18 August 2017 – August 5, 2017
- Textiles: Ancient to Modern (2017/18) – September 2017 to July 2018 – V&A Museum, London July 25, 2017
Send Us Your News
Do you have any news to share which might be of interest to other weavers, spinners and dyers?
If you do please send details to firstname.lastname@example.org