Applications are invited for the Cockpit Arts / The Clothworkers’ Foundation Awards 2016. The Awards are only open to weavers who have graduated within the last 5 years.
The Awards aim to assist emerging weavers each year to set up in business by providing studio space and business support provided by Cockpit Arts as well as shared use of looms. The selection panel, including the acclaimed ikat weaver and designer Mary Restieaux, and a representative of The Clothworkers’ Foundation, will be looking for up to three individuals who demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit as well as creative excellence and craft skills. The Award contributes to the cost of a place at Cockpit for one year from July 2016 and will include a space in a shared studio equipped with 3 looms, Leclerc and Louet, and the following benefits:
- Studio space and use of looms within the creative community of Cockpit Arts at Deptford, London, SE8 with access to office facilities and resource centre.
- Business and professional development services including on-site coaching, a personalised development plan, workshops and seminars.
- A range of selling and promotional opportunities including Cockpit Arts Open Studios selling events twice a year.
- Award worth £2,000 with the remaining £2,000 fee being provided by the Award winners, payable on a monthly basis.
How to Apply:
- Please request a “Clothworkers Award” application pack from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for receipt of applications is 5pm Friday 27 May 2016
- Interviews with shortlisted applicants will be held on Monday 6 June 2016
- Winners will be expected to take part in our Awardee Induction Day on Wednesday 13 July and move into Cockpit Arts Deptford no later than 1 September 2016