A small group tour with Sapori & Saperi in the region around Lucca, in northwestern Tuscany to visit the last of what was once a thriving tradition of textiles ranging from rich silks for the church and aristocracy to the hand-spun hemp of farming families. We’ve added a day in Florence, felting, basket weaving with marsh reeds, the vanishing art of making watermarked paper and a workshop with a young man who has discovered the magic of using his wine as a mordant for dyeing leather and fabric. You meet and learn with the artisans who are carrying on the methods of spinning, dyeing and weaving handed down the generations. They invite you into their homes to share meals with them and teach you to cook their traditional dishes, a cuisine with its roots in the farms of the textile artisans.
Filter Events By
Latest News Items
- Tribal Art London 4 – 7 September 2019 June 14, 2019
- Art House At Kew Studio 28 – 30 June 2019 June 14, 2019
- Natural Dye workshop with Debbie Bamford – 13 July 2019 June 9, 2019
- The Dear Warp and Weft April 18 – October 26 2019 Hammersmith June 4, 2019
- Silk Festival 7 September 2019 Sudbury Suffolk June 4, 2019
Send Us Your News
Do you have any news to share which might be of interest to other weavers, spinners and dyers?
If you do please send details to email@example.com