This small-group tour takes you to visit the last of what was once a thriving tradition in the region around Lucca, in northwestern Tuscany, producing textiles ranging from rich silks for the church and aristocracy to the hand-spun hemp of farming families. You meet and learn with the artisans who are carrying on the methods of spinning, dyeing and weaving handed down the generations. They invite you into their homes to share meals with them and teach you to cook their traditional dishes, a cuisine with its roots in the farms of the textile artisans.
Events by Month
Latest News Items
- Maximo Laura Teaching Tour 6th – 26th May 2019 Sweden March 18, 2019
- Art at the Loom, a weaversbazaar workshop 17 – 19 May 2019 Missenden Abbey, Great Missenden, Bucks March 16, 2019
- Working with Words, a weaversbazaar workshop 26 – 28 April 2019 Angmering, Sussex March 16, 2019
- Cypriot Embroideries and Textiles – 20 March 2019 – Mary Spyrou – ORTS St James Piccadilly March 14, 2019
- Soft Engineering Textiles Taking Shape 30 March – 23 June 2019 Whitchurch Silk Mill March 11, 2019
Send Us Your News
Do you have any news to share which might be of interest to other weavers, spinners and dyers?
If you do please send details to email@example.com