This small-group tour takes you to visit the last of what was once a thriving tradition in the region around Lucca, in northwestern Tuscany, producing textiles ranging from rich silks for the church and aristocracy to the hand-spun hemp of farming families. You meet and learn with the artisans who are carrying on the methods of spinning, dyeing and weaving handed down the generations. They invite you into their homes to share meals with them and teach you to cook their traditional dishes, a cuisine with its roots in the farms of the textile artisans.
Filter Events By
Latest News Items
- Indigo: the bluest blue Blue Gold or Devil’s Dye? November 5, 2019
- Bacton Altar Cloth – 12 October 2019 – 23 February 2020 – Hampton Court Palace November 5, 2019
- Tapestries at Windsor and Eton 23 January 2020 October 23, 2019
- Winter Market 16-17 November Craft Central October 23, 2019
- Hidden Fabric Women, Textiles, Collectors 25th January 2020 – 19th April 2020 – 2 Temple Place October 16, 2019
Send Us Your News
Do you have any news to share which might be of interest to other weavers, spinners and dyers?
If you do please send details to email@example.com