This small-group tour takes you to visit the last of what was once a thriving tradition in the region around Lucca, in northwestern Tuscany, producing textiles ranging from rich silks for the church and aristocracy to the hand-spun hemp of farming families. You meet and learn with the artisans who are carrying on the methods of spinning, dyeing and weaving handed down the generations. They invite you into their homes to share meals with them and teach you to cook their traditional dishes, a cuisine with its roots in the farms of the textile artisans.
Filter Events By
Latest News Items
- Collaboration by Design 21 – 22 September 2019 – Shoreditch September 13, 2019
- The World of Kaffe Fassett 14 – 22 September 2019 – Anthropologie Kings Road September 13, 2019
- ORTS: Asian Textiles for the Portuguese Market: trade and taste – 20 November 2019 – Piccadilly September 13, 2019
- ORTS – 16 October 2019 Textiles and Carpets in Persian Painting post 1500 – Piccadilly September 13, 2019
- ORTS: Chasing Tensions: A lifelong pursuit of an understanding of stitch and textile- 18 September 2019 – Piccadilly September 13, 2019
Send Us Your News
Do you have any news to share which might be of interest to other weavers, spinners and dyers?
If you do please send details to email@example.com