This small-group tour takes you to visit the last of what was once a thriving tradition in the region around Lucca, in northwestern Tuscany, producing textiles ranging from rich silks for the church and aristocracy to the hand-spun hemp of farming families. You meet and learn with the artisans who are carrying on the methods of spinning, dyeing and weaving handed down the generations. They invite you into their homes to share meals with them and teach you to cook their traditional dishes, a cuisine with its roots in the farms of the textile artisans.
Filter Events By
Latest News Items
- UPOPOY: Ainu Musical Culture & Crafts January – February 2020 Japan House January 13, 2020
- Kimono: Kyoto to Catwalk February 29 – June 21 2020 V&A January 13, 2020
- Chintz: Cotton in Bloom 23 October 2020 – 24 January 2021 FTM January 7, 2020
- Beautiful People: The Boutique in 1960s Counterculture 3 July – 4 October 2020 FTM January 7, 2020
- Out of the Blue: Fifty Years of Designers Guild 14 February – 14 June 2020 FTM January 7, 2020
Send Us Your News
Do you have any news to share which might be of interest to other weavers, spinners and dyers?
If you do please send details to firstname.lastname@example.org