Discover the long history of silk weaving in the Suffolk town that stretches back to the 1780’s and is still a thriving industry today with four working silk mills. Go inside buildings that were silk weavers’ cottages and textile merchants houses and visit current silk mill shops. This day long programme includes exhibitions, talks, silk walks a silk architectural walk and workshops.
Filter Events By
Latest News Items
- Tribal Art London 4 – 7 September 2019 June 14, 2019
- Art House At Kew Studio 28 – 30 June 2019 June 14, 2019
- Natural Dye workshop with Debbie Bamford – 13 July 2019 June 9, 2019
- The Dear Warp and Weft April 18 – October 26 2019 Hammersmith June 4, 2019
- Silk Festival 7 September 2019 Sudbury Suffolk June 4, 2019
Send Us Your News
Do you have any news to share which might be of interest to other weavers, spinners and dyers?
If you do please send details to firstname.lastname@example.org