The yard:ARTspace, Hope & Elvis and Littleheath Barn Studio present a collaborative project which celebrates creativity in a time of unexpected crisis. Louise, Liske and Sue want to invite you to take part in an exciting combined project. The plan is to create a printed/stitched fabric quilt that explores your individual experiences, thoughts & emotions collectively about your time during lockdown.
Become part of a bigger picture!
All of your work will be made into an amazing quilt, which will showcase beautifully your individual response to the global pandemic.
The final piece will be displayed in various locations (dates and locations TBA)
• Make a simple collagraph plate, 10cms x 10cms, using the instructions at http://suebrownprintmaker.blogspot.com/2020/05/basic-collagraph-plate.html These instructions have been put together especially for those who have never made a collagraph plate before. Express your lockdown experience, figuratively or as an abstract.
• Put your name, address and email on the back of the completed collagraph plate together with a SAE post it to:-
Upper Bath Street,
Cheltenham, GL50 2BA
Your collagraph plate must be with Sue by 12 June.
• It will be inked up and printed on fabric for you in Prussian blue.
• Sent back to you for stitching and embellishing.
• Return finished square to Sue at the yard:ARTspace by 3rd July, where Louise, Liske and Sue will stitch each piece together.
• Create a stitched, collage using only natural fabrics, hand embroider or machine stitch as much as you like, expressing your lockdown experience, figuratively or as an abstract.
- Please make the image size 10cm x 10cm on a piece of fabric 15cm x 15cm so it will fit the other squares to make the quilt.
• Send your completed square to Sue at the yard:ARTspace, address above, by 3rd July where Louise, Liske and Sue will stitch each piece together.
If you would like to take part could you please e-mail email@example.com as soon as possible so we know how many collagraph plates and stitched squares to expect
Although this project is not in any way about profit, to help towards printing cost etc we have set up a just giving page to enable (if you wish) to make a small donation i.e £3; this is by no means ompulsory https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/isolationstory