Theme: The Thames and Southwark: Threads of London life
Thursday 23 to Thursday 30 November 2017
at Southwark Cathedral
The exhibition will present work by members of the Guild in all of the Guild crafts, and these items may be
sold and made available to purchasers after the exhibition has closed.
The 2017 exhibition of the London Guild of Weavers, Spinner and Dyers will take place at Southwark Cathedral, with the title The Thames and Southwark: Threads of London Life.
The exhibition will be open Thursday 23 – Thursday 30 November 2017 inclusive. Opening Hours 10.30am – 5.30pm daily.
It will encompass:
- an exhibition of work in any of the Guild skills, items of which may be sold during the exhibition at the exhibitor’s discretion, and sent on after the exhibition has closed
- a shop with items that can bought and taken away; a display of handspun skeins
- a display in the Refectory Café of bookmarks that will be donated for Cathedral use
- demonstrations of loom weaving, tapestry weaving and spinning
The displays will be installed on the evening of Wednesday 22 November 5pm – 8.30pm
Submission dates for exhibits
Last date for all exhibits and bookmarks:
- Saturday 21 October 2017 at Guild meeting
- Tuesday 31 Octoberby post, courier or a collection point in London to be confirmed
The bookmarks should also reflect any of the Guild skills. The bookmarks will be framed for exhibition, and therefore they cannot exceed 23cm/9 inches in total length. The bookmark project co-ordinators are Mandy Hewett and Joan Scriven.
Venue: Southwark Cathedral London, SE1 9DA