The first Hungarian Felt Tour was organised in 2016 by Seattle based felter, Flora Carlile-Kovacs, and was so successful and well received that she has decided to offer two tours in 2017.
In the East-Hungary Felt Tour (April 20- May 1st)
- we’ll take 5 days workshops with the best Hungarian felt masters (Mihály Vetró: Bottle Holder with Nomadic Design; Gabriella Kovács: Pillow with Prefelt Technique , Márti Csille: 3D Felted Home Decor and Judit Pócs: Felted Jewelry),
- take a tour in the unique Folk Craft School of Nádudvar,
- Mihály Vetró’s slide show and lecture on his filedtrips to the nomadic feltmaker tribes
- visit the living museum of the 5th generation of a hatmaker family in Balmazújváros
- visit the Royal Castle of Gödöll?, and the outstanding Art Nouveau exhibition
- discover the treasures of Budapest and its best contemporary craft markets
- try Turkish Baths
In the West-Hungary Tour (May 3-14)
- We’ll take 5 days workshops with two internationally recognized felt masters (Vanda Róbert: Woven Felt Bag; Judit Pócs: Sculptural Hat)
- wander around in the old towns of Tata, Gy?r, Veszprém, and the thousand-year old Pannonhalma Archabbey
- take a guided tour in the Festetics castle of Keszthely
- discover the treasures of Buda and the best contemporary craft markets of the city
- try Turkish Baths.
More info and registration: